Following the success of last year’s event, VOD Dubai International Jewellery Show (VOD DIJS), MENA’s only B2B and B2C jewellery industry event, is back for its third instalment, from November 13 to 16, 2019, at Dubai World Trade Centre (DWTC). The impressive evolution of VOD DIJS will be evident at this year’s edition, as local, regional and international exhibitors gather under one roof to connect with key decision-makers and trend-setters from the global jewellery industry, while developing worthwhile strategic partnerships. This truly international event will continue to play a pivotal role in strengthening Dubai’s ever-growing status as an integral link in the global jewellery market chain.
The Return of MENA’s Unmissable Jewellery Event
VOD DIJS is a collaborated effort, organised by DV Global Link, a joint-venture company between Dubai World Trade Centre (DWTC) and Italian Exhibition Group (IEG), Italian leader and among the main European players in the organization of trade expos and conferences. The combination of a trade-meets-consumer vision, strategic location, comprehensive pre-event road show, premium & hosted buyers programmes, a tailormade matchmaking programme, extensive trade opportunities, and improved customer experience provides a definitive platform to satisfy the dynamic demands of its stakeholders, from international trade organisations to wholesalers, manufacturers, traders, retailers, and end consumers.
Every aspect of the global jewellery industry will be promoted at VOD DIJS, including craftmanship, production, distribution, precious materials, trends, and much more. The show will be organised into four designated sections:
Gemstones & Diamonds
Packaging & Technology
There will also be a dedicated Trade Area for exhibitors that are primarily focused on B2B markets.
Hosted Buyer Programme
VOD DIJS 2019 will once again feature the massively popular Hosted Buyer Programme, which pairs top-brand local and international retailers and department stores with wholesalers and event exhibitors, to ensure access to unique collections, a competitive advantage, and the chance to build new relationships in the industry.
VOD DIJS Roadshow is Back
This year, the Roadshow’s focus will extend to Africa, and the VOD DIJS team has already kickstarted its journey by travelling to Kenya, where it took part in successful networking sessions and business meetings with industry insiders at the Kenya Gem & Jewellery Fair. The team will also visit several other African countries before the conclusion of the roadshow in November.
Gold & Gems Art Promotion Council of Pakistan, VOD DIJS’ Regional Advisor for Pakistan, arranged two roadshows to promote the show among Pakistanis, especially the jewellers’ community across the Punjab Province. GGAPC Pakistan President Muhammad Ahmad welcomed all participants of the roadshows, which were held at Lahore and Sahiwal.
The Evolution of VOD DIJS
Commenting on the return of VOD DIJS, DV Global Link Director, Daniele Villa stated, “We are delighted to welcome back VOD Dubai International Jewellery Show for its third instalment, an event developed in partnership between Dubai World Trade Centre and the Italian Exhibition Group. The show plays a significant role in enhancing Dubai’s reputation in the global jewellery market, as well as positively impacting the MENA region’s jewellery industry as a whole.”
He added, “During last year’s edition, we saw 52% of trade buyers visiting the show from the UAE, while the remaining 48% came from 80 different countries – a true testament to the growing global significance of the show. This year will see further consolidation of the show’s format to ensure VOD Dubai International Jewellery Show 2019 reaffirms itself as not only the definitive jewellery industry event in the region, but also a major force on the global scene.”
Dedicated Whatsapp Number
Organisers have introduced a dedicated Whatsapp number for traders and consumers who wish to ask questions about the show: +971 56 680 5547
Gold Jewellery Demand Up in Q2
According to the World Gold Council, gold jewellery demand was up slightly in the second quarter of 2019, aided by the United States and Middle East, while the June price increase curtailed demand elsewhere. According to its latest Gold Demand Trends report, the global appetite for gold jewellery reached 531.7 tons in Q2, a 2 percent year-over-year increase.
In the first half of the year, it totalled 1,061.9 tons, a four-year high and a 1 percent increase on last year’s 1,048.2 tons. Middle Eastern demand grew “fractionally,” with several markets across the region improving. Overall demand for gold, for jewelry as well as other uses, totaled 1,123 tons in the second quarter, an 8 percent increase year-over-year.