21 Dhu al-Qi'dah 1445 - 29 May 2024
    
Sign up for newsletter
Eye of Riyadh
Sports | Monday 18 December, 2023 9:05 am |
Share:

EVIQ opens research, development center in Riyadh

The Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Company (EVIQ) announced the opening of a research and development center in Riyadh, which is the first of its kind in the region.

 

 

 

The new center will test and study a range of chargers and software to ensure the use of the best equipment and software in the field. This will underpin the company’s commitment to quality and efficiency, while driving the development of the electric vehicle (EV) sector across the Kingdom, according to a statement picked up by Argaam.

 

 

 

It will enhance the confidence of EV drivers in EVIQ’s chargers, which will be tested thoroughly according to the highest quality and safety standards to ensure their effectiveness and efficiency to operate in the Kingdom.

 

 

 

This is besides providing EVIQ with the latest solutions for fast-charging technologies to introduce users with the best charging experience, and to ensure that reliable and effective charging solutions are provided to EV drivers in the Kingdom, CEO Mohammad Gazzaz.

 

 

 

The center is a key pillar of the company’s strategy to achieve the objectives of the Saudi Vision 2030, he noted.

 

 

 

In October, the Public Investment Fund (PIF) and Saudi Electricity Co. (SEC) announced the launch of EVIQ — a joint venture. PIF owns a 75% stake in the company, while SEC holds the remaining 25% stake, data available on Argaam showed.

 

 

 

The company aims to deliver best-in-class, fast-charging EV infrastructure across Saudi Arabia, further unlocking the local automotive ecosystem and accelerating the adoption of EVs.

 


 

 

Share:
Print
Post Your Comment
ADD TO EYE OF Riyadh
RELATED NEWS
MOST POPULAR