Within the framework of the national responsibilities of SASO to improve the quality and safety of products and services in the market, enhance the safety of consumers, SASO will launch the Saudi Product Safety Forum under the patronage of His Excellency the Minister of Commerce and Investment, Chairman of the Board of Directors of SASO Dr. Majed Al Qasabi.
During this forum, SASO aims at setting the future framework for the safety of products in the Kingdom according to the best international practices. It will cover several subjects, which are:
· Product Safety system in the Kingdom and the GCC.
· Rapid Alert systems.
· Legislation on product safety.
· Market Surveillance.
· Risk assessment.
· Conformity assessment and accreditation.
· Consumer representation and participation.
· Developing technical regulations and standards related to product safety.
The forum is an opportunity for experts and non-experts to learn about the various national, regional and international experiences in the field of Product Safety from the public and private sectors.
Saudi Standards, Metrology and Quality Organization